Eversify Kiosk Themes
The reader kiosk provides an entry point for news consumers to browse multiple publications from the same publisher, find and download back issues, and manage their content. The original Eversify kiosks were not user-friendly, having suffered from feature after feature being added to a design that had not anticipated these additions. New kiosk templates were needed, ones that took into account the different types of publications (newspapers and magazines), and how readers of these types of publications consume their news.
Working together with the project manager, sales, and other stakeholders, I developed user flows for navigating a kiosk. We defined the key user tasks as:
- Downloading and reading the latest edition of the primary publication.
- Accessing past editions of the primary publication.
- Awareness of other publications offered by the same publisher.
- Knowing when new content was available.
- Access to a sample edition, if the user does not have a subscription.
- Managing a user's downloads. Accessing previously downloaded editions, and deleting old editions that the user is finished with.
From here, I began to wireframe ideas in Axure. This allowed me to create a rapid, low-fidelity prototype that the user could interact with.